Thursday, December 30, 2004

C & C Lo-mpoon's Christmas Vacation

Wow, it took me a whole 5 seconds to come up with that awesome title for this post. Round of applause for me. First of all, Merry Christmas to everyone. And if you're not Christian or not celebrating Christmas for other reasons, I still hope you enjoyed the days I spent celebrating Baby Jesus' coming into this world. All in all I had a great and relaxing time. The only downer was, that my Grandma was in the hospital and had to have surgery on Monday. It's a whole long story that I'll tell once she's better. But everything went fine and there is no reason to worry. It wasn't THAT serious anyway.
My parents got Christina and I a cordless phone. Yay! I just finished hooking it up the way we wanted it (needed some extra cable) and it works great. Well, I think it does. Give me a call so I can see. Then Christina got me an MP3-Player. It's so awesome. It also works as a USB stick so I have two gadgets in one. Just how I wanted it. Of course it still needs to be used on a regular basis, but the drivers and everything work fine on my computer. I also forked out some extra cash today to get a USB hub so i won't have to crawl around on the floor every time I need to hook up the player or our camera. Oh, the player is a Creative MuVo V200 with 1GB. And, as I already mentioned, you'll need no cables to hook it to a computer, so whenever I need to connect, I have everything I need with me. Unless of course someone, like me, is still using Windows 98SE. So, an awesome gift. She also got me the partitura for Carmen by Georges Bizet and the corresponding CD. I got her a piece of dirt wrapped with a pretty bow.
To counteract the many electronics that we got, I went and bought 4 records over the break as well. I'm listening to Neil Diamond's Hot August Night right now. Do you wanna hear about all the food we ate? Well, sorry, I don't feel like writing all that down. We also went to check out my sister's new (and her first) apartment in Bielefeld. I thought it was really nice and big. I think she likes it too. She lives with two other people but they weren't there. We also went up to Bremen to see what that's like. I think we'll end up moving there after all. Like my family said (at least 50 times while we were there, I'm not kidding): "Bremen ist auch 'ne schöne Stadt". We got the message.
One last thing: Alice gets 3 more points for 'guessing' (how can one person get so lucky) the Tool song right. It as H. off the Aenima album. The other song that nobody guessed was 'Something That Means Something' by The Pharcyde and is on Labcabincalifornia. I will post a complete list of the songs so far soon and also an overview of who has how many points. Considering the far-reaching controvery my last post caused, here's some lyrics to go along with it:

"I'm all for life
Until the bastard's born
After that, he's out on his own
And if he does crime, trying to survive
I'll make damn sure, he gets electrified
...
Save the babies, kill the doctor
...
I kill for you little Baby Jesus"

Speaking of babies, Congratulations to Kelly and Steffen for the birth of their son Collin! He was born on Dec. 24th, at 0.40 at night if I'm not mistaken. We saw some pictures and he is so adorable. Can't wait to meet him. I have never known any babies. At least not as a grown-up. Maybe I need to grow up first. Alright, that's it for now. Guten Rutsch!

 | Talkers (0)