Monday, April 25, 2005

Blurry black gate.

As I might have mentioned before, my HTML-knowledge is entirely self-taught and not very profound. But I want to show pictures on our blog and decided not use Picasa. I thought it is just as easy to upload the pictures to some free server space (I will use Geocities via Yahoo) and incorporate them in my posts using the img tag. So far, I have created an index page, a subdirectory for the pics and uploaded a pic Christina took of the Porta Nigra in Trier. The index page will merely link to each image with text. I hope it will develop into something more sophisticated in the future, but for now it will do. So this post is to see what happens when I insert the image:
purdy colors
Now I will see what this looks like, and then fiddle with the attributes.
Update #1:
Whoa, waaaaay too big, let's use the width attribute.

Update #2:Now that's better, but too small, also wouldn't you like to be able to click on the image and see it by itself? I thought so, so let's try all that. And center it maybe.

Update #3: Okay, centering didn't work, but now you click on the picture and it will display in a new window or tab. I also think the size is about right and won't distract from the image too much. So look forward to more pictures coming up. And I will try to learn how to wrap text around images and stuff like that.

Update #4: Okay, so I couldn't wait, now, as you can see, the text wraps around the image, centering is not something I want anymore, but the text is too close to the picture. I'll have a look at the template.

Update #5: Since Yahoo Photos has unlimited space for pictures, I decided to only use smaller versions on the geocities space, and have the link go to the Yahoo album. Hope it works.

Update #6: Alrighty, after giving up yesterday, I stumbled upon the stylesheet element that controls the images in my posts. And I fixed the border and spacing of text and image. Nobody probably reads this anymore, but I'm glad I figured it out. Also I'm playing with it a tiny bit more, but no more updates.

 | Talkers (1)