Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Wild horses couldn't drag me away.

Okay, so let's not get all worked up about the last post. Here's someting more fitting to my intellectual abilities. Well it's actually about nothing, but I decided to write in here more, to actually make it more like a journal of my amazing life. I would like to say our amazing life, but Christina doesn't wanna participate, and you are not begging her enough. She's got some important things to say, so encourage her.
Yesterday the second episode of Lost aired on TV over here, and Christina and I both somewhat enjoy the show. We saw the first one as well, which luckily ran again on Sunday so we could catch the beginning of it, which we missed last week. The camera work is a little annoying in my opinion, but the stories are interesting. Everybody's got a secret and the boogieman will eat them all. Don't get much better than that. Some things are a little obvious but hey, it's TV. Other than that, we don't really dig TV anymore. It's all the same shit on there (big revelation). I mean it can be fun to watch a little here and there, but I prefer other things I guess. Like playing games on our SNES. That must have been one of the best things we ever bought.
Oooooh. Let me tell you about shopping at flea markets. I bought the SNES on Ebay and it came with an adapter for US games, which wouldn't play ours. But okay, we could live with that. There is one such adapter though by Fire, which is the latest that was made, and it plays almost all games. We saw that at a flea market in Löhne and did not pass it up. We also bought a pineapple slicer there, something we have been looking for for quite a bit now. Hmmm, tasty fresh pineapple. In Bremen, there are two flea markets every weekend. We went to one of them last Sunday, and I got some kickbutt records. For great money too. Unfotunately, I am totally broke now, but my job is gonna pay, so no worries.
On the records:
Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs by Derek and the Dominoes - cover is not in the greatest condition, but the record is alright except for some dirt on the 3rd side, where for about 3 revolutions there is a noticeable klicking noise. Will try to get it of with proper cleaner.
Jackson Five Greatest Hits - All I would ever need from them. Awesome songs. Motown.
Diamond Dogs by David Bowie - The last one that was somewhat missing in our collection (we're not buying the minor 80s recordings).
And last, but not least, Sticky Fingers by The Rolling Stones - Yes, the original Warhol cover with a real zipper on the front. In near mint condition (go ahead call me a nerd). And the paper that came with it.
And all these for a very fair price. Now I need to get a new record crate. Mine's full. And don't even think about telling us what happens on Lost.

 | Talkers (0)