Thursday, March 31, 2005

Hotdangit!

I already wrote this, but somehow it got lost. Anyway, I witnessed a drug deal today. Originally this was called Big City Life, but the whole thing was crap anyway. Let me break it down. I was going to the university to sign up for a library pass (I have to go again, please don't ask) and had to wait for a Strassenbahn at the train station. Now I knew already that drugs are being sold there, from the suspicious characters hanging out and the fact that the city has a video surveillance system installed to monitor the area. In fact it kinda freaks me out to go to the train station here at night. In Trier it was cool. You were basically all by yourself, and nothing ever happened anyway. But in Bremen it's a little different. So I knew stuff was going on. And today, this was at the bus/Strassenbahn stop, two guys were waiting at a stop across from me. Or so it seemed. In fact they were waiting for people to come by and buy something from them. And they did. Now the alleged drug dealers looked normal and unsuspicious to me, until these other two guys walked up to them, and everybody shuffled around a little and they left quickly (the two new guys). Now I didn't watch all that closely since I didn't wanna seem like I was observing them, but I can positively say that the two buyers were not friends with the alleged sellers. The guys that bought were a little dirty-looking and looked somewhat messed up. Not too bad though. My guess is they bought something soft. And there was no friendly chit-chat or shaking hands, nothing. Everybody tried to keep it quiet.
Yeah, that's what happened today that I considered blog-worthy. I feel like such a loser for even mentioning it, but it must have been the first real-life drug sale I witnessed on a street. Like something out of a movie or something. Alright, I better get back to working on my school stuff.

 | Talkers (1)