Thursday, March 31, 2005

Thought I forgot to write a title? Well I didn't!

Inspired by Ginger's brother Wyatt's recent embrace of hate here's what just happened. I went to the grocery store here on the corner to buy some stuff for cooking tonight. Well, unfortunately the little butcher store was already closed so I had to buy our meat at Plus (that's said supermarket) as well. Which is something I don't really like. Anyway, I get to the register and there is a guy in front of me with a bunch of stuff. He puts it all in his bag and gets ready to pay with his debit card. First, he can't find it in his wallet, but that only took a short while for him to find it, no big deal. But then, of course his card doesn't work. The cashier tries it, over and over and OVER again. No luck. She's like 'Sorry it's not working. You have any other cards?' By that she meant other EC-Cards since that is the only kind they take there, or most places in Germany that is. He has two credit cards. So the cashier says that there is a Sparkasse (the bank he uses) right across the street and he could get cash there. Now she wasn't a fountain of friendliness or nothing, but she wasn't exceptionally rude either. It is a German supermarket after all with a long line beginning to form. And they guys's like: 'Well you just have to keep trying til it works. It must be your machine since it ain't my card cause I always pay with it.'
Say WHAT!!!? She already tried it a million gazillion times, the sucker is NOT WORKING! Plus, how do you know it's not your card. And if it's not I'm sure the stupid card reader will give in if you just try one more time. I can see it's cracking. I can just see it. Look! Oh, just give it one more swipe and it will plead for mercy like a 4-year old on a merry-go-round being pushed by freaking Mr. T and Hulk Hogan and He-Man at the same time. And they all sing 'wheels on the bus go round and round'. So he ended up getting the cash and I could proceed to buy my hamburger and feta cheese and milk. Yum.

 | Talkers (1)