Tuesday, January 11, 2005

"Why must every 11 minutes of my life be miserable?" - Squidward

I didn't even realize I hadn't written anything in here for such a long time. Did you miss me? Cause I missed you. Honestly. Once again, Alice got the song and band and album right, 3 more points. I can't believe everyone is just letting her win this. It's your chance to get a cool package in the mail from far far away. I might even add some candy. But only if you're good. And of course a personalized and handwritten letter (though some might say that that's more punishment than reward). If I wasn't writing this, I would totally not miss the chance. So here's another old quote for y'all to enjoy. This has got to be from one of the best hip-hop albums in the last few years, but nobody ain't ever even heard of it. Christina doesn't dig 'em too much either, but I could listen to it 24/7. And how could it not be awesome? The whole thing is produced by El-P (nobody really knows him either) and has lyrics and instrumentals that will make you laugh at 90% of the stuff you hear on the radio. So don't listen to them while driving, you'd wreck. You have been warned, here's my quote:

"This Earth is as real as a Chinese fortune cookie
In English with lottery numbers; I'm finished"

and another one from the same song:

"This aint a space race so why you rushin'
To be the first to catch a concussion, from El-P's percussion
Watch me throw a sentence in the air, say word up
That's just a phrase for my action, like a bum with a cup"

I think Ginger has already had the pleasure of listening to a song. That is if she ever listened to that CD I gave her last summer. The one with all the sucky songs on it? Let me know.
And now for the bIIIIIIIg surprise. In order to shake things up a little, and in another desperate attempt to get people to participate in the sing-song sing-along contest, which will go on for longer than I had originally intended, I decided to turn things around. As soon as you're finished reading this blog entry, you will click on the comment link (the one that says something about saying something, your turn, or a chance to shine, depending on the how manyest reader you are) and tell me I'm stupid or beautiful, or both, or smart or ugly, or both, or answer my question from above about missing me. Then you will think very hard, or not at all, and quote a song that you like. I will then try to guess the song, and include it on the contest-winner's compilation. I promise not to use any internet search engines, but honestly guess. To put the song on that CD you will have to send it to me as a MP3, but we'll talk about that later. How's that sound? I will of course award points to participants, but I don't know how many. Maybe 5 or something, or 8. It will definitely give your score a boost. Heck, you can even give me several songs and get points for each one.
So, you read it, after finishing, you HAVE to comment and quote a song. Unless you offer a valid excuse. I could maybe accept that.
Now you thought it was over, but I still got some stuff to talk about. About shi* that happened last week and all. I know you like to hear about how I brush my teeth and stuff. On Friday, I made dinner to celebrate my birthday. I made chicken soup, with a whole chicken and everything, Christina fixed Kartoffelauflauf Bolognese, and for dessert Dr. Oetker fixed chocolate pudding with vanilla sauce. I only had to add the milk. We had wine and juice for our guests who were Alice (representing England), Lisan, Han Bing and Jin Hai (all three representing China). So with Christina (USA) and me (Germany), we had a total of four nations in our little living room. And they all ate my soup, and didn't seem too disgusted. That week, not only did I fix my first Sahnetorte, I also made my first chicken soup, and it wasn't that hard after all. Once you had that old chicken in there for two hours, there's not much you can do wrong really. Anyway, after we ate, we played 'Mensch ärgere Dich nicht' (that's Sorry in English, but I like the German name for it better, Ginger will translate it in the comments to practice her German (please?)). When that was over, it takes forever when you play it with 6 people, it was already time for our guests to leave so they could get the bus. Alice stayed a little longer since I went to show them where the bus stop is. But we finally got rid of Alice too (Sorry for not going to the Poetry Slam on Saturday). Then, on Saturday morning, Christina had to leave on a train to Bremen at 7 in the morning, and I had to bring her to the station. She won't be back until tomorrow at night. That really sucked. It was so weird to sleep by myself for the first time in a long time.
Okay, that's enough, my next post will have the answers to the song challenges you will leave in the commenst section, and thus be very short. Click the link now.

 | Talkers (0)