Friday, January 28, 2005

I don't have to have a title if I don't want to

Okay, so let's get up to date with our sing-song sing-along contest bizzness. The fantastic rap song no one guessed is 'Real Earth' By Cannibal Ox. The producer I mentioned that produced their album is El-P. And suddenly it all makes sense. The song Alice wanted me to guess was 'There's No Home For You Here' by The White Stripes. Cake. I don't have a clue what Henric's second song is. And I still don't know what Ginger is talking about. And I don't wanna look, so just tell me. These are the points given out: Alice 5 (I did guess the song), Henric 8+4 (first and second), Ginger 8. That brings us to a total of 20 for Alice, 15 for Henric and 11 for Ginger. Here is a list of the songs we had so far:

#ArtistSong TitleAlbum
1Led ZeppelinStairway To HeavenIV or whatever
2MetallicaWelcome Home (Sanitarium)Master Of Puppets
3Rage Against The MachineKilling In The NameRage Against The Machine
4BjörkJógaHomogenic
5The PhardcydeSomething That Means SomethingLabcabincalifornia
6ToolH.Aenima
7MudhoneyF.D.K.(Fearless Doctor Killers)My Brother The Cow
8Cannibal OxReal EarthThe Cold Vein
Songs Christoph couldn't guess, except one
1The White StripesThere's No Home For You HereElephant
2Barbara LahrNie MonotonFräuleinwunder


That was too much work setting up the table and the having to put all the code into one line so Blogger displays it right. Let me quickly mention the things I intended to write about, but never did:
We found a cool apartment in Bremen and spent a stressful but nevertheless fun weekend there with Alice. Last week at school, I was using the bathroom (No. 2) in the morning, and some guys starts barfing in the stall next to me. At first it sounded like somebody pouring water in the toilet, but soon enough I heard the throaty noises. Nice. What else? That's what i get for not writing it down right away. Oh well.
Also Henric, I think that there is still enough quality music, no matter if a certain genre is at a peak or not, it just is hard to find it sometimes. And 'being different' is not what it's made out to be. People try to be different by trying to belong to a certain group of people as they see it. Of course they are different from the mainstream then, but what's the difference really. That's why I find that store Hot Topic so hilarious. In Terre Haute, it's a Sears away from the Gap. And the people can't wear whatever they want at Hot Topic either. It's mass-market alternativity. Not different at all that is. So it is not only marketing to people wanting to be different, but people trying to belong to an imaginary group of people they think are different (i.e. better) than all the others. But let's not get bitter and enjoy the fact that it is us who are so much cooler than everybody else. The group I choose is skateboard nerds.
Guess this song and approve my sense of knowing cooler music than you:

'He's totally natural!
Actually he's a white ghost
Performing in a video
He's totally natural!
(He's only an actor)'

I promise that from now on I will try and use more well-known songs, but the winner's CD needs diversity.

UPDATE:
Have you noticed how the text under the table didn't have the same line-spacing as usual? I don't know why but apparently the proper stylesheet elements were not applied. First I thought, oh let me find a way to manually add the attributes, but then I figured, since the line height is defined for p-tags, I just add an opening p after the table and close it at the very end, since I needed to open tags anyway. And it worked. I'm so proud.

 | Talkers (0)