Tuesday, January 24, 2006

The Functions of Food in American Literature of the 1950s.

It's finally done! I turned in my master's thesis today. Well, I sent it off in the mail, but that's just as good. I wanna thank Christina for putting up with my procrastinating and for letting me love her. I really should have worked harder during the first five months, then I wouldn't have had to get an extension of one month and totally rush. But I think it still turned out okay.
Christina said it was a little boring, but if anyone's interested in a paper about Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison, Naked Lunch by William Burroughs, On the Road by Jack Kerouac, and "I Stand Here Ironing" by Tillie Olsen I might agree to send it to you. Maybe. But you can't point out any spellnig errors and such. I know there's some in there still (one in the very last sentence) but on my last paper with the professor I got a good grade, and I find something in it every time I look at it.
Anyway, this is quite a load off my chest. I now have three months to prepare for my oral exams. And because procrastinating is not as glamorous as they show in the movies, I have to ask you for a favor. I will post on here about my progress once a week. If I don't, nag me. Demand answers! You have a right to know. If my progress reports indicate that I'm slacking, let me know. And don't be afraid to be blunt. I'd do the same to you, I mean for you.

 | Talkers (6)