Friday, November 25, 2005

Somewheres in the distance there's seven new people born

I still can't think of much else than Wyatt. Well, it only just happened so 'still' is not really the right word. I keep reading the condolences left on his memorial website religiously. And I just can't believe this really happened. I can't even begin to imagine what it must feel like for Ginger and the rest of her family. I hope the condolences and remembering him with other people helps the grieving.
I wish I would have known him better. Being friends with Ginger, we probably would have spent time with him eventually, and considering how great the rest of the family is, I feel like we would have gotten along.
I wasn't even sure if I should post at all. It somehow doesn't seem appropriate. On someone else's blog I read that they were thinking about how long the time of mourning should be, and if they wouldn't be betraying Wyatt's friendship if they stopped morning him. I think that you never really stop being sad about someone's death. At least that's how it is for me. Last time we visited my parents I went to my maternal grandfather's grave, and I still found it hard, even though he's dead for 4 1/2 years now and died at an old age.
So in the end, I have nothing uplifting to say, probably only things that don't help at all. Because despite all the heartfelt sympathy and memorializing, one fact remains the same: Wyatt is gone and he's not coming back. All the great things that life still had in store for him, all the people that he would have still impacted, all the good times his friends and family still had to share with him, all the small things in life. It's all gone. And all we can do is try to live with it as good as we can.

 | Talkers (2)