Thursday, November 10, 2005

Today's theme: produce.

It's been a long time since we had one of these, so it's long overdue for the next installment of the sing-song-sing-along contest. This time, it's a band that I would almost certainly never have listened to if it wasn't for Christina. And it was actually only recently that I played that album a whole lot in the car. Oh, and please people, do try and guess. It will be a whole lotta fun, I promise. And don't forget about the awesome prizes.
I think after this song there will be two more, and I'm done anyway. Until I come up with another meaningful way for you to interact on this very blog. There was another little episode from our visit to the US iwanted to reveal, but I don't think I can remeber right now. The weekend we came back to Germany we had a little Halloween party though. It was loads of fun. We carved a pumpkin and it rotted pretty bad a few days after. Shouldn't have put it by the heater. Hey, wanna see a picture? It's kinda nasty though, so click to see the pictures if you like fur.

[+] show me the dang mess already
Pumpkin #1Yeah, this is the first one, you can guess what's inside by looking through the eyes. The weird thing was, that the night before it was fine, we even had the candle on inside I think, and then the next day, it was ready to be thrown out, long overdue as a matter of fact. If only we would have put it on the balcony. I would also like to point out the Javascript that I have incorporated in order to be able to hide and show parts of a post. I looked for that some time ago but never got around to actually using it. Plus the available scripts (I do not know how to code them myself) offered different solutions. Some would show the headlines only. Nope, didn't want that. Others were doing something else I didn't want. But in the end I looked at the different things I wanted and how they worked and was able to piece something together. Anyway, here's the second picture:

Pumpkin #1
See all that fur? It's incredible. There was also some juice that i had to clean up, but it wasn't too bad after all. It didn't stink or nothing. Alright, I'm too anxious to see if the hiding thing works to finish this. Maybe in a minute.
Yeah, so that worked pretty well as a matter of fact. Just a few corrections to suit all my needs and meet my high demands. Let's have another look.
Alright, just like I had envisioned it. Okay, so much for the pumpkin.

[-] Noooo, go away.


I noticed that buying chocolate or strawberry milk in the US means buying a much, much, much sweeter product than in Germany. It's especially bad when you have gotten used to the stuff from over here. I swear I could have mixed that stuff 1:1 with regular milk and the amount of sugar would have been enough still. I assume this is a conspiracy to sell more diabetes products in the end.

 | Talkers (6)