Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Macaroni and cheese is not a vegetable.

We went to a buffet restaurant in Terre Haute pretty soon after we arrived, I don't remember exactly what day though. I know that what I'm about to reveal presents one of the most wide-spread stereotypes about the US, and I'm not a big fan of reinforcing these. But it somehow stuck with me. And as it seems Germany is going down the same path. Anyway, we go into the restaurant and walk by the buffet to our table, past all the pepole working and eating there. Families with kids, couples and so forth. And I notice that about 90% of them are overweight. 90% of the freaking people in there, some surely would have qualified as obese as well. And not just grown-ups, who had a lot of time to gain weight, kids too. And that's what scares me the most. The chubby kids. If you know Chrstina's brother, you also know that he could beat Iggy Pop in a hide-behind-freshly-planted-trees contest. That dang kid grows upward only. I'm not saying every kid should be like that, but I question some people's common sense. That's all. A family where everyone is overweight should think twice about stuffing themselves at an all-you-can-eat buffet.
It's not that I don't like seeing bigger people or anything. I'm mostly concerned about their health, and how widespread of an epidemic it has become. And the poor kids, somebody please think about the kids.

 | Talkers (0)