Friday, August 19, 2005

I wouldn't read this if I were you.

Alright Kids, here's what's been going on. Last weekend we went to Trier to visit Alice for her birthday. The weather was so so but we had a great time. Then on Tuesday night I went to my parents' so I could help my dad on Wednesday. After all the construction is done, it is now time to give the old part of the house a new coat of paint. Well 3 altogther, one coat foundation and two coats of paint. But first the walls had to be cleaned. And my dad decided we could do that ourselves. They put up the scaffolding on Tuesday so we could get to work right away on Wednesday morning. I got up at 7, had breakfast and we started working. The company that will do the painting left us one high pressure cleaner and we borrowed another one from the guy that rents the factory building. So we both had one to work with.
Of course I have close to zero experience with climbing on scaffoldings, but at the end of the day I was doing alright. First order of business: get the painter's cleaner up on the scaffolding, hook up the hose and electricity and get started. We started with the southern side of the house, which didn't take that long. It has only two stories to clean as it is one of the sides with the roof coming down. Since I was using the cleaner we had up there, and the one my dad was using had a long enough hose to reach without having to carry the whole thing up there, we decided I start working on the front of the house, while he cleans the lower part of the southern side. That way we wouldn't have to carry that thing up and down and up again. Also, that way I would have to climb all the way to the top of the scaffolding. Can you tell I wasn't too comfortable with that at first? But it was no big deal after all. That whole side I cleaned all by myself, which means three stories altogether. Of course I got pretty wet in the course of this whole business, but after a short lunch break at 12, we were done with the cleaning by 3. Then I helped clean up, as we also got the last of the new window sills, and at around 5:15 I was on my way back home. Christina wasn't home yet, but when she did we went running (more about that in a minute) and I ate leftover seafood lasagna for dinner. Then of course I was dead and slept like a baby.
Now to running. We're on the seventh week of a workout program and plan to run for 30 minutes three times a week. So far, sticking to that schedule has worked great. We go Monday, Wednesday and Friday and ride our bikes to the Bürgerpark, which is a huge park with great paths to run on. There are always plenty of people out there running. And so far we even went in crappy weather, but it was no fun.
Tomorrow we're going camping. Hope the rain won't be too bad.

 | Talkers (1)