Sunday, June 17, 2007

Life on the Farm

We are back in the Bay of Plenty. Yeah! The weather is better here and we aren't quite freezing our butts off every night like we were when we were further south. We have come back to the Bay of Plenty to stay with the lovely Brawn Family. They are the first family that we stayed with as farm helpers. Christoph is working in their kiwifruit orchard and I am picking and selling their easy peel mandarins. And we get to eat the seconds, so it is a very nice job. I have also made a couple of yummy mandarin cakes.

At the moment, we are trying to get a job so that we can have a bit of money to see the last few places that are still on our list: East Cape and the Coromandel Penninsula. Tomorrow we will sign up with a couple of job agencies and I am sure we will be able to find some work through them.

I can't believe that we only have about 2 1/2 months left here. The time has flown by so fast. I must admit though, I am looking forward to seeing all of our family and friends again. We really miss you guys.

 | Talkers (3)