Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Quick Update

We are still in Wanaka working our butts off. I am doing housekeeping and reception work at a hotel and Christoph is working in the vineyards. I also work in the vineyards on my days off at the hotel and Christoph is doing some housekeeping on the weekends when the job agency has something available. It isn't all that exciting, but we are earning some good money though so that is good.

Next week we are going to do a 4 night 5 day hike. We will start on Monday and come out of the track on Friday. Actually it is two tracks combined: the Routeburn and Greenstone tracks. I hope we have some good weather. It is very nice right now and it should be good, but all the guide books say that we should expect at least 1 day of rain on the Routeburn Track. Well, we'll see.

After the hike, we are going to work for a couple more weeks and then we are going to head to the Milford and Doubtful Sounds and then down south to the bottom of New Zealand. I am looking forward to that.

Otherwise, the only other news I have is that we got our return flight to Germany for September 3rd. Which puts us in Frankfurt on the 4th at about 6:00 in the a.m. I must say, at this point, I am nowhere ready to go back. But who knows, by then I might be ready. Doubt it though. It is just too awesome here and I am really getting used to the transient life! Plus, living in a sweet as van is pretty fun too! The only thing I have to clean is the first step that we use to get in! :P

 | Talkers (1)