Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Marvelous views, amazing weather and a surprise

I have to write this post from Christoph's account because I couldn't log in to my account, so please ignore Christoph's signature at the bottom.

So before we left Wanaka we walked up to Roy's Peak and it was the hardest walk we have done so far. Very strenuous. But it was very worth it because the views were stunning and the weather was perfect. We had an awesome view of Lake Wanaka and the islands in the lake and the whole surrounding mountains (Mt. Aspiring) and valleys. In the beginning we were up there with 2 other Swiss people and then they left and we were alone. Christoph started getting cheezy and talking about memories of our life together. It was so mushy that I had to cry a bit. Then he got down on one knee and yep you guessed it, he asked me to marry him. I said, "Well, I can't say no, can I?" and he said, "Well, will you?". And of course I said yes! I know it is gooshy, but it was so great and his timing was perfect. He really surprised me. So I guess it's official, we are engaged to be married. We will most likely have the legal 'wedding' in Germany when we get back in September (if it doesn't turn out to be too complicated). But we will keep you all posted.

Anyway, on a lighter note, we are going to do another 2 night, 3 day hike starting on Saturday. We met 2 really nice Czech people here and we are going to walk the track with them. I hope we don't have too much snow. It is starting to getting really cold around here. We froze last night.

We will post some pictures of Roy's Peak, etc. as soon as we can, so keep checking back. :)

 | Talkers (14)