Monday, September 04, 2006

One Night in Bangkok

So, we made it safely to Bangkok...halfway there! :) The flight from Frankfurt to Bangkok was a pretty relaxing one. We had a whole row of seats to ourselves. The plane wasn't very full. It was nice to lay down and really stretch out. I think that was the first time I was ever able to do so. We also had the pleasure of seeing some major mullitude. The DUDE had it all: permed mullet, pencil-like mustache, bright yellow shirt, cool boots and "the walk". He even said "Servus" to the lucky people he was about to sit next to...but since the plane was so empty he decided to move to the back and we didn't get to see him much until we arrived in Bangkok; where he completed his image by jamming into a crowded little enclosed room to smoke. Perfect!

Also while at the airport, we had another exciting encounter with an interesting fellow. Although this time we only got to hear him. As I was brushing my teeth in the bathroom, he came into my ears via the intercom. He was announcing something about flights (which is of course expected at airports), but this guy was different. He sounded like he was announcing some sort of exciting sporting event. It was so funny that I nearly spit out my toothbrush and fell to the floor with laughter. But I composed myself and carried on brushing. When I came out, Christoph was also laughing and we both knew why. Very funny guy! But maybe that's how he gets his kicks during the long working day. Why should he care anyway...no one can see him. Well, now we just have one more long (bound to be filled with JOY) flight and we're there. Can't wait!

 | Talkers (4)