Thursday, August 03, 2006

Like a virgin...

Look at our sidebar, all shiny and new. Let me go through the changes top to bottom.

I added three radio stations that I like to listen to. Bremen Eins plays "the best oldies and the greatest hits" and even though they play some real shitty stuff every once in a while (like the German band PUR), which kinda makes the station even cooler, you can catch some awesome music on there and their variety is unmatched. I recommend tuning in from 18-20 CET for "Grüße und Musik" where people request songs to say Hello to people they know or for birthday wishes. They are not afraid to play Neil Diamond and Metallica back to back on that show. The stream is Windows Media, so your default audio player will play it when you click on the link. Then there's WTTS, a rock station from Indianapolis, that's independently owned. I will spare you the obvious Indie-Indy station pun. Whoops, there it went anyway. This station uses the Liquid Audio player, which will open in a pop-up window. Thirdly there's Hertz 87,9, Bielefeld's campus radio station, and where my sister works. I usually listen to the morning show from 9-11 CET, but for a lot of you guys that's too early, so I recommend the shows at night. Oh man, they are playing Morrissey's new song 'The Youngest Was the Most Loved' right now, it's so awesome. Anyway, Wednesday and Friday 18-19 CET and Saturday-Thursday 22-23 CET will be good times if you wanna catch live shows and you might even hear my sister hosting a show. During the other times they play a mix of indie music, some hip-hop and all kinds of other genres. Good stuff though. About the times, I used Central European time, and if you live, for example in Indiana, USA, you subtract 6 from the time, and voilá, you have your local time. 18 CET would be noon in Indiana for example, but 11 AM in South Dakota.

Next I moved the other people up to give them the spot they deserve. Then comes "c and c lo recommend", which is basically the Neighbors of the Month® minus dead blogs plus some other blogs I read. I didn't know how to order them in a sensible way, so I went alphabetical by second letter. A lot of these had 'o' as their second letter. What's up with that?

And lastly I added a couple of vlogs to the ROCKING websites. Why did I not just add those to "c and c lo recommend"? I don't know. Just because. And that's it already. You can click on these links for the very first time now. Get it? Like a virgin? Touched for the very first time? I know, it's awesome. How do I do it?

 | Talkers (14)