Monday, June 26, 2006

MALTA

For those of you that I didn't inform, the company I work for decided to take all of their employees on an incentive trip to Malta. Of course all of us agreed that this was a great idea and almost all of us were able to come except one. Sorry Benjamin. :(

WEDNESDAY JUNE 14th:
18 lovely hard working employees packed their bags and headed for Malta. We had a pretty full schedule, but also had some time for ourselves as well.

We arrived on Wednesday at around 14:00. We then went to the hotel and checked in and got ready for the evening.

In the evening we went to Mdina, the old capital city and had a little walk around and then had dinner there. It was a relaxed and nice evening. After the dinner we went back to the hotel and watched Germany barely win against Poland (1-0) in the first round of the World Cup.



THURSDAY JUNE 15th:
We had a pretty busy day planned. We all met in the morning around 9:00 where we went by bus to Valetta, the capital city. We walked around for a while, took some pictures and then went to watch The Malta Experience. They make it out to be this really great and exciting movie about Malta, but to be honest it really bored my pants off. The seats were uncomfortable and there was absolutely no leg room and the people next to you were RIGHT next to you. Despite these conditions I still found myself dozing off. Oh well, at least it was a little cooler inside there and we got to sit down. Can't complain too much, I guess.



After Valetta we headed to a wine tasting. This was one of the best parts of the trip. Very tasty wine....so tasty, I had to buy a couple of bottles. :)



After the wine tasting we went for a boat trip. Oh my God. I thought The Malta Experience was boring. Don't get me wrong. It was nice in the beginning, but it just kept going and going and going. I think it lasted close to 2 hours and everything really started to look alike after a while. I might have dozed off here a little too...oops.



In the evening I went with a few of my colleagues to see Silent Hill. Do not see this movie. It was so bad.

FRIDAY JUNE 16th:
We had the day off. Some people decided to do day trips to Gozo (another island that is part of Malta), some decided to go diving and some, like me, decided to just chill and enjoy the sun and pool and go for a wander downtown Bugibba. I swam in the pool in the morning, ate lunch with Noopur in the afternoon and then wandered around for the rest of the day. I got a cool Henna tattoo on my foot. It was a good day.




In the evening we had dinner and then went to watch The Omen. This was a pretty good movie. I really liked the way it was done and I think it was a pretty good modern remake, although I haven't seen the original in such a long time.

SATURDAY JUNE 17th
Sea-kayaking!!! Wow, pretty strenuous but really fun. The water in the Mediterranean Sea is so beautiful. It is like a green blue color. We did about a 1 1/2 hour trip. My arms were hurting that night, but it was worth it. After kayaking we got to chill on the beach. It was a nice day. In the evening we went for dinner at a pretty nice restaurant then went for a couple of drinks.





SUNDAY JUNE 18th
We ate breakfast and then headed back to Germany. Yippie! NOT! We got back to Bremen around 18:00. Just in time to watch more soccer!!! Ugh!

It was a really nice trip. The weather was nice, there wasn't too much work drama and everyone got along and didn't kill each other. Overall a really nice country, but I honestly would not like to live on Malta. There aren't too many plants and everything looks kinda old and dusty and run down. And it is kinda in the middle of nowhere and not very big. Oh well, no one said I have to love and want to live everywhere I visit, now did they. :)

 | Talkers (4)