Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Follow the followers

Judging from our site visit statistics, not a whole lot of people even noticed, but I've been making some tweaks to the layout. My goal was to upgrade to the Blogger widget layout, which I have been putting off for way too long, but no matter what I tried, I just can't get the script to work that writes the different taglines under the title. The main reason I wanted to update were the labels list, which I now realize is not near as cool as I thought, and also the collapsible archive links, which I somewhat remedied by moving all those links down in the sidebar so they're not so much in the way. And Maria, thanks for subscribing to the feed while the new layout was up, but I'm not sure it will work anymore. Sorry. I did add a link to the atom feed so people can get automatic updates if they want.

The only thing that really changed is that I set the width of the sidebar and posts area to a fixed number instead of a percentage. I remembered that viewing the blog on a widescreen monitor was causing super-long lines that are hard to read. And since most new monitors are widescreen these days, I figured it was time to get with the program. Links are no longer underlined. No one does that anymore.

Labels: , ,

 | Talkers (4)