Monday, July 28, 2008

I have to admit it's getting better...

As you may have noticed, I have been faithfully adding labels to my posts. I did this in hopes of taking the time one day to update to the new Blogger "layouts" instead of using this old template, and then being able to have the labels in the sidebar. I played around a little and it seems that adding your own javascript isn't working. Or at least the script I'm adding isn't working. Which sucks, cause I really like the quotes under our blog title, and that's done by a script. So dear Blogger bots or whoever at Blogger that's reading this: Why isn't my javascript working? I know I should probably use the Google group, but I'm way to lazy (too lazy for the extra 'o' as well), I mean busy for that. So I'll have to hold out on adding any fancy stuff and keep using regular style and html elements. I might like that better anyway.

And while we're talking about "improvements" (that means I don't really think anything's improving, not that I wanted to emphasize the word and should have used bold, italics or underlining, I've been noticing that, as in: Secaucus - a town that takes "pride", hilarious), maybe some of you have heard the latest already, but all broadcast TV in the US will be digital starting February 17, 2009. That's why you keep coming back here, the insider information. And you know how those commercials are like "Have you noticed how digital has made everything better"? Well, I'm not entirely convinced. Satellite TV is digital, and whenever the weather gets little crappy, you can't watch that stuff anymore. Cause instead of the picture being fuzzy or static, you end up with this copped up stuff you can't watch at all anymore. You know what I'm talking about, right? Raise your hand if you don't, cause that stuff put a serious damper on my EURO finals viewing experience. Another reason I dislike DirecTV and the likes, you pay a monthly fee for TV, and when the weather's bad, and you'd wanna stay inside and, oh, I don't know, watch a little TV maybe, why not, weather is nasty anyway, you can't, cause the picture's gone and the sounds all messed up. So in the future, when a storm's a-brewing somewhere, and people would like to keep updated on it's development, even if it's static, they won't be able to do that with a digital broadcast, cause digital has no gray zone, it only knows 0 or 1, on or off.

But enough ranting, especially when it's so incoherent. The bottom line is, I don't think digital broadcasting is all it's cracked up to be, and I'm waaaay awesome because I listen to vinyl records.

Labels: , ,

 | Talkers (0)