Thursday, September 21, 2006

The Bay of Islands

Sorry for the lapse in posts, but we have been in the middle of nowhere for a while. We left Auckland about a week ago and headed up the west coast to the Northland. We have seen some pretty amazing stuff so far and met some great people. We spent a bit of time in the Waipoua Forest with the huge Kauri trees and Maitai Bay where we had pretty much the whole bay and surrounding beaches to ourselves. We also went to Cape Reinga which is at the tip of the North Island where they have a lighthouse and Giant Sand Dunes. Christoph and I went sand surfing (well, Christoph more than me). Now we are in The Bay of Islands. A pretty touristy place but it is fairly empty this time of year. We just went sailing all day today on a big sailboat with about 7 or 8 other people. It was so cool! I am hooked on sailing now...we even volunteered to help him the next few days if he needs it. I hope he calls us!

Oh man, there is so much to report, but so little time. I only have 5 more minutes left on the Internet. We will post pictures soon I hope, but everywhere we have been so far doesn't have USB ports. I think once we go back through the Auckland area in about a week or so we will be able to upload some. I will keep you all posted.

I miss you all and wish you could all be here with us to enjoy this amazing country! The people here are really great too and so laid back...a big change from Germany, and so refreshing! But you know I love all you Germans too! :) Thanks for all your comments guys and keep 'em comin'!!

 | Talkers (7)