Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Let's go deeper

I'm sure as members of my vast army of faithful readers, you noticed that I haven't posted a Neighbor of the Month in 2006 yet. At first I thought I'd just keep going as I did. Then I thought I'd just quit with that silliness altogether, then I thought I'd change the way I pick neighbors. Well, and then today came. I was gonna post something about our cactus, and on Blogger's front page, there is a little section with "noteworthy blogs" or something like that. And the one that was up simply said "MC Hammer". I was like, "Dude what's this?" Some funnyman trying to be funny or some funny business like that? Well, turns out it's the actual MC Hammer, superstar of my childhood. Or some guy that kinda looks like him and acting like he's him and all. Well, I will go on record and say that I'm buying it and believe this is the real MC Hammer, superstar of my childhood.

But what about this Neighbor of the Month business? Well the rules will be extended. Previously, the only blogs eligible to be chosen were those that came up when I clicked "Next Blog". In addition to this, I will now also accept recommendations from you, my gentle readers, such as this one from Kelly. So keep 'em coming. Further, any blog on blogspot qualifies, no matter how I came across it. The same rigorous standards apply, which is to say that they are virtually nonexistant and completely arbitrary, depending mostly upon how I feel at a particular moment in time.

And finally, what about the old neighbors? As the months progress, each of them will be replaced by a new neighbor. But since I greatly enjoy reading some of them, leaving inane comments every once in a while, and I wanna keep a record of the whole 'hood, I will create a post right after I'm done with this one, that has all of 2005's neighbors on it, and link to that post's permalink from the sidebar.

So check out our new Neighbor of the Month for the month of January, I am a doughnut, and of course, our Neighbor of the Month for the month of February, MC Hammer.

 | Talkers (2)