Friday, October 08, 2004

Where am I?

There isn't much to talk about except that I have to work all day today (usually I get off early on Fridays) and I even have to come into work tomorrow for a company meeting. It is going to last all day on a Saturday. That is just inhumane. Actually, I need to be preparing a presentation for the meeting for the project I am project manager of, but I am feeling lazy today. Like most other days. However, since I don't have too much to tell, I thought I would share a funny story with you about Christoph. I know what you are thinking....a funny story about Christoph....that could never happen. Well, here goes anyway.

What I am about to unfold occurred during the week that we got back home from the US at the beginning of September. Since my boss needed to catch a train to go to Berlin and was late (like always), I had to go with him to the train station so I could take his BMW back to his house. So I said goodbye to my boss and then had the problem of actually getting his car back to his house. If any of you non Germans have ever driven a car in Germany you know how complicated it can be to drive here. Especially when you don't usually drive here, don't know the roads too well and don't have a valid German drivers license. But of course me being me, I told him that I could handle it and that I would figure it out. Silly him, he trusted me. I knew I could just call Christoph and he would come take the car back to his house. So I called Christoph from my cell phone and asked him to come to the train station to help me. I could tell that I woke him up, but it was like 12:00 p.m. so he needed to wake up anyway. So I asked him if he was awake and he lied and said, "Yes." So I asked, "Can you come to the train station and pick me up?" He was like, "But I don't know where the train station is or how to get there." At first I was just silent, because we have been to the train station hundreds of times and I know for sure that he knows where it is. Then I said, "Ummm what?" He then asked again, "How do I get to the train station from here?" I then started to tell him, but then was like, "Hey is this Christoph? I am at the BAHNHOF.....in Trier...." Then it clicked. He was like ok. But I decided then that it would be better if I drove the car to our house (which I managed to do) and pick him up. When I got there, he told me he thought we were in Indiana and he was trying to figure out how to get from our house outside of Jasonville to the train station in Brazil, IN, because he had never remembered seeing one there. Isn't it crazy how when we are asleep it is like another reality takes over? Ok, so this story doesn't sound so funny once it has been written down, but if you would have been there or if you would have heard me actually retell it, you would have peed your pants. Well, ok maybe not, but at least you can pretend like it is at least a little funny....right?

 | Talkers (0)