Monday, April 25, 2011

Service now the mushroom boy

A little known fact about me is that I'm a big fan of Monster Magnet. To me, they are the continuation of psychedelic rock into the 90s, with all the crazy lyrics and spaced-out guitars and nuances you only notice after listening closely a few times. Tool on the other hand, is more in the tradition of progressive rock, like Yes. I have a suspicion that the mushrooms Monster Magnet mention in "All Friends and Kingdom Come" are not the same ones we found.

Today.

While picking up two little branches that were leaning on our fence.

In our freaking driveway!!!



This is so awesome, I don't even have a lot of words for it. I must have walked by them 5 times before I saw them today, and I can't wait to have them for dinner. And I urge you to listen to some Monster Magnet at maximum volume this week, keeping in mind that their early work is more enjoyable for most people.

 | Talkers (0)